Complaint Handling Procedure –
Ombudsman Services – Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) Scheme
Effective Date: 01/12/2022
Following OFGEM’s Microbusiness Strategy Review, managed by Ombudsman Services ADR Scheme, this page provides information for relevant ‘microbusinesses’ who have a complaint with Maks Consultancy Ltd services.
Complaints can be made and progressed through each stage of the process either by phone, in person, or in writing (including by email). They will be treated with courtesy and respect and we will keep record of all official complaints raised , including relevant details such as dates a complaint was received. We are committed to continuously improving our level of service to customers and the complaints handling procedure is designed to assist us with this.
This page is visible and accessible on our website (www.maksconsultancy.com). It is also available by email or post for free on request.
Please see below the following information to assist you with actioning a complaint;
1. OFGEM’s definition of a ‘microbusiness’ eligible for this complaints handling procedure
2. Maks Consultancy Ltd contact details for clients needing to make a complaint
3. The steps in our complaint handling procedure to manage expectations around timescales
4. Ombudsman Services contact details for clients wishing to escalate after “deadlock letter” or “eight week letter”.
This procedure will be effective from 1st December 2022 for cases raised by eligible microbusinesses.
OFGEM’s definition of a ‘microbusiness’ eligible for this complaints handling procedure:
• Employ fewer than 10 employees (or their full time equivalent) and has an annual turnover or balance sheet no greater than €2 million; or
• Uses no more than 100,000 kWh of electricity per year; or
• Uses no more than 293,000 kWh of gas per year.
This applies to a premises other than domestic premises.
Maks Consultancy Ltd contact details for clients needing to a make a complaint:
• Phone: +44 (0)20 3927 2647
• Email: email@example.com
• Post: Maks Consultancy Ltd, 1 Elmfield Park, Bromley, Kent, BR1 1LU
The steps in our complaints handling procedure:
• STEP 1: Please raise an “official complaint” where it is clear you would like to follow our complaints handling procedure. For example, an email with title starting “OFFICIAL COMPLAINT” will avoid any doubt. Additionally, only if you are comfortable and raising complaint via email, we will appreciate if you can include the relevant account manager at Maks Consultancy Ltd currently providing our services to you. This will help quicken our review process.
• STEP 2: Within 5 working days after receiving your complaint, we will complete a full review and provide a detailed response with the aim of resolving to your satisfaction. This response may include a plan of action which we will work with you to complete successfully.
• STEP 3: If we do not agree with the resolution of your complaint, we will provide you with a “deadlock letter” which includes a clear statement of our final position and provides contact details for the Ombudsman Services who provide a free, independent, impartial service to our eligible microbusiness customers.
• STEP 4: If your complaint has not been closed, 8 weeks after receiving your complaint, we will provide you with an “eight week letter” which provides contact details for the Ombudsman Services who provide a free, independent, impartial service to our eligible microbusiness customers.
We will prefer a complaint to be resolved as quickly as possible directly with yourselves. However the Ombudsman Services is a valuable service in case we do not agree or you remain dissatisfied after eight weeks of raising a complaint.
Ombudsman contact details for clients needing to a make a complaint:
• Website: www.ombudsman-services.org
• Phone: 0330 440 1624
• Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Post: Ombudsman Services Energy, P.O. Box 966, Warrington, WA4 9DF
If you have any further queries concerning our Complaints Handling Procedure, please contact email@example.com and CC firstname.lastname@example.org.